Dental Assistants & Dental Hygientists - Have you thought about adding a new dimension to your professional career?
Perhaps you should consider enrolling in WCCC's Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Program. In this program, you'll gain the necessary education and skills to broaden your scope of practice to perform the procedures delegated to an expanded functions dental assistant (EFDA).
Functions of the EFDA
- Placing, condensing and carving amalgam restorations
- Placing and finishing composite resin restorations
- Placing sealants
- Applying cavity liners and bases
- Placing and removing rubber dams
- Placing and removing matrices and wedges
- Fabricating provisional coverage
Expanded function dental assistants are an integral part of the health care system and are recognized as valuable and indispensable members of the dental team.
Registered Dental Hygienist Licensure
Certified Dental Assistant Certificate AND 6 months recent chairside dental assisting experience. (A letter verifying experience, including dates, is required from the employing dentist.)
3 years recent chairside dental assisting experience. (A letter verifying experience, including dates, is required from the employing dentist.)