Internship and Practicum
What is It?
The internship and practicum program at Westmoreland is a unique plan of education that integrates classroom study with planned and supervised career-related work experience. With this program employers have the opportunity to assist the college in preparing the students for employment in today’s work environment.
Currently, the Career Development Center Coordinates internships in the following majors:
- Computer Information Systems
- Engineering Science and Industrial Technology
- Graphic Design and Animation
- Human Services/Social Work (Practicum)
- Multimedia and Photography
- Office Technology/Medical Administration/Office Administration
- Web Technology
What are the benefits?
- The program serves as an opportunity to screen and recruit potential employees
- The program serves as a way to train potential employees
- The program provides a way for employers to give back to community
- The program is an excellent opportunity for ‘branding’ the company
- Interns are typically enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Reduced recruitment costs
Please see Employer Internship Form link if you are interested in hosting an intern.
For further information contact:
Coordinator Career Development