We strongly believe that diversity and inclusion are values that encourage healthy, vibrant communities. Our Diversity Committee meets regularly to ensure the college’s diversity statement is being acted upon and communicates their efforts to faculty, staff, students and the community.
Westmoreland County Community College has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity. We believe it is important to cultivate a college environment that is inclusive and respectful and which encourages creativity and appreciation of difference. In that spirit, the College will embrace people representing all facets of the human experience in order to develop, foster and promote a well-educated and enlightened community.
The diversity statement was approved by the Westmoreland Board of Trustees on June 26, 2008.
Andrew Barnette, PhD
Dean of Public Service, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Westmoreland County Community College
145 Pavilion Lane
Youngwood, PA 15697
- Diversity Abroad
- Diversity Abroad connects students interested in study abroad with scholarships, grants and other important info for successful international education opportunities.
- Diversity Web
- Sponsored by The American Association of Colleges and Universities, Diversity Web provides diversity and inclusion resources for all sectors of higher education.
- A blog that discusses the intersection of race and pop culture.
- The Opportunity of Adversity
- A speech by Aimee Mullens