College Mission Statement
Westmoreland improves the quality of life of everyone we touch through education, training and cultural enrichment.
Westmoreland is a learning-centered college focused on student success, a catalyst for economic growth, a leader in workforce development, and a hub for cultural and artistic experiences.
Westmoreland has a framework of cultures and values that embraces:
- Commitment to Teaching and Learning (personal attention, individual choices, academic excellence, adaptive, promotes curiosity)
- Accountability (responsibility, stewardship of resources, empowerment, results-oriented)
- Diversity (respect for self and others, inclusion, value uniqueness)
- Collaboration and Cooperation (teamwork, community partnerships)
- Social Responsibility (promote active interest, awareness of world, being a good steward)
- Integrity (honesty, ethical standards, dedication)
- Innovation (creativity, commitment to growth, forward thinking)
Strategic Plan FY' 15 to FY' 17 - Major objectives
Creating Opportunities and Going from “Good to Great”
Click to view the Strategic Plan
Thrust A: Enrollment Management Westmoreland County Community College will develop and implement strategies to improve students’ abilities to successfully accomplish their higher education, personal and career goals by means of quality education and supportive synchronous services throughout their lifecycle as a Westmoreland student.
Thrust B: Resources Westmoreland County Community College will develop, acquire, manage and deploy resources to support the College’s mission and strategic goals.
Past Strategic Plans
2012-2016 Strategic Plan