High school graduates or those who hold a GED high school equivalency are granted admission to the college. Individuals 18 years of age and older who have not earned a high school diploma or a GED are admitted to the college if they can demonstrate their ability to benefit from the college experience. After successfully completing 30 credits at WCCC, they may be eligible to petition for a Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma. Forms for Commonwealth Secondary School Diplomas are available at the Department of Education, GED, Harrisburg.
Requirements for Admission
- Complete an online Application for Admission Note: All Health Professions programs require an additional application.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at at www.fafsa.ed.gov by May 1. Use WCCC financial aid code 010176.
- Transfer credits from other colleges to WCCC.
- Take the WCCC Placement Assessment. Schedule to take the test at the Youngwood campus or another WCCC location.
- Schedule your classes. After completing the above steps, you'll meet with a member of Student Services who will help your select and register for classes.
Readmit students who have previously taken courses at WCCC for college credit should contact the Student Records Office (724.925.4069) to update their academic record.
International students must submit official English translated academic credentials, TOEFL scores of 61 or higher (TOEFLiBT), a statement of financial support for the entire period of enrollment, and provide documentation of immigration status.
Full-time and Part-time Students
Full-time students register for 12 or more credits a semester; part-time students register for fewer than 12 credits a semester.
Since many programs and courses fill to capacity well before the beginning of each semester, early inquiry is advised.