International Students must complete the following steps to be considered for admission to Westmoreland County Community College:
- The student must provide proof of a valid passport.
- The student must submit official copies of secondary and/or post-secondary school transcripts (translated to English and the American college credit system) refer to www.wes.org for transcript translation information.
- TOEFL score of 500 or higher paper based test/or TOEFL score of 61 on the internet based test/or a score of 5 on the IELTS.
- The student must provide a statement of financial support for the entire period of enrollment.
- Apply to Westmoreland County Community College online.
- **If you are transferring to WCCC from another institution where you were on an I-20, you will need to complete the Transfer Status Form that can be obtained from WCCC upon request. The designated school official at your former institution will need to complete that form and return it to Shawna Little at WCCC. Shawna can be reached at email@example.com
Upon completion of ALL the above and only then will the student be recommended for the necessary I-20 Form for obtaining a visa to the United States.
In addition, WCCC is a commuter college. Please be advised that WCCC does not have any dormitory facilities. It is the student’s responsibility to find housing and available transportation to the campus.
After the steps above have been completed, your transcript, test scores, and financial background will be reviewed and a decision will be made on admission. If you are accepted for admission to the College, you will receive an acceptance letter and a “Certificate of Eligibility” form (1-20) for immigration purposes.
The items listed below are what the admissions office requires:
- Official Transcripts
- High School
- College (if applicable)
Tuition & Fees – International Student
Tuition and fees for 12-18 credits: $6,075
Lab fees: Range from $10-$25
The figure listed above is the minimum tuition cost for one semester; therefore, the minimum cost to attend WCCC for one year (two semesters) would be $12,150, excluding fees. In addition, most students spend approximately $625 each semester for books and supplies. It is difficult to estimate a figure for living expenses (room and board) and the cost of transportation for one year, but a conservative figure would be $6,000. Therefore an international student would need approximately $18,150 for educational expenses for the academic year. Examples of additional costs would be airplane travel to the United States, personal expenses, and medical expenses.
Westmoreland County Community College has no financial aid for international students. If financial aid is a concern or needed for attendance, we would encourage you to continue your search for institutions that support international students with financial aid.
Admission to Specific Programs
In addition to the general requirements, some programs have specific admission requirements. The requirements for the dental assisting, dental hygiene, nursing, medical assistant, and radiology technology programs all have additional requirements to fulfill, including separate application packets, that may be obtained by calling the admissions office at 724.925.4077or fax number 724.925.4292.