Students may inquire about scholarships at any time, but the deadline is April 8, 2016 for the 2016-2017 academic year. Scholarship funds are generally disbursed between the fall and spring semesters. The student’s progress will be reviewed after each semester, and he or she must maintain a 2.0 GPA and a 67% completion rate, unless otherwise stated.
2016-17 Scholarship Application information
The deadline for WCCC Education Foundation scholarships was April 8, 2016. If you have completed the application please be certain to complete your FAFSA no later than April 18, 2016 in order to be eligible for need based awards.
Students applying for need-based scholarships must also file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov by April 18, 2016.
President's and Trustees' Meritorius Scholarships
2016 High School Graduates application information:
- Full-tuition and fees (excluding lab fees) for two years- Westmoreland County graduates
- Half-tuition and fees (excluding lab fees) for two years – Fayette, Greene and Indiana county graduates
- Renewable for a second year based on 3.0 GPA
- Top 10 percent class ranking
- Official high school transcript listing rank required*
- Awarded to every graduate meeting eligibility who applies by April 8
*If you do not meet the academic criteria at the time of deadline (April 8) but qualifiy once final grades are posted you may submit an official transcript for consideration.
Trustees’ Meritorious Scholarship
- Full-tuition for two years (fees not included)- Westmoreland County graduates
- Half-tuition for two years (fees not included) – Fayette, Greene and Indiana county graduates
- Renewable for a second year based on 2.5 GPA
- Official high school transcript required
- Limited to two recipients per high school
Current President's and Trustees' Meritorius Scholarship recipients
- Do not need to reapply
- Your grades will be reviewed by the financial aid office at the end of the spring 2016 semester to determine your eligibility for 2016-17
Some scholarships have an essay requirement. If you are applying for a scholarship that requires an essay, email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, address and WCCC student ID in the email and “SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY” in the subject line.
Need help or information?
For more information, including details regarding scholarships that require a separate application, contact Jennifer Trexel, coordinator, Financial Aid, at 724-925-4063 or email@example.com.